Useful properties of seafood
Seafood is rich in amino acids, minerals and vitamins. They contain beneficial protein and more than thirty trace elements that positively affect the condition of our skin and hair. Iodine, zinc, sulfur, calcium, potassium, magnesium and polyunsaturated acids help our body to function normally and to be always in good shape. Taurine, which is especially rich shrimp meat, increases the elasticity of blood vessels, rids the body of excess cholesterol. Useful properties of seafood has been known for a long time. The ancient Greek philosopher and foodie Orchestral, author of the first cookbook was told that the healthiest food is that which is found in
the sea. No wonder half of his recipes devoted to seafood.
Seafood balanced in composition, they are easy to digest and are low calorie food. Nutritionists recommend the “sea” diet for people who are prone to be overweight. This diet not only helps to lose excess weight, seafood have a beautiful, exquisite taste. Recent studies scientists have proven that seafood is a great antioxidants. Astaxanthin, which is rich in shrimp, promotes tissue regeneration and prolongs youth. People, including in their menu of seafood and fish, are less prone to depression and melancholy. Contained in the shrimp, squid, mussels and other marine “Goodies” omega-3 acid promotes good mood and stabilizes psychological state.
No wonder the most common and easy Mediterranean diet is considered. composed of seafood . vegetables, fruits and olive oil. Numerous studies and observations of people with different culinary habits showed that such a diet not only prolongs life, it also improves the quality. Seafood, the benefit of which is obvious, the abundance of vegetables and fruits, red wine, sun that shines almost all year round – here’s the recipe temperament cheerful Italian nation. So, what do we have?
1. Seafood, seafood is rich in polyunsaturated acids, which lower cholesterol in the blood and help prevent heart disease and blood vessels.
2. Seafood contains little rough connective tissue that is poorly digested by the stomach. Therefore, the marine diet is useful for people who have problems with digestion.
3. Useful properties of seafood are defined in the same iodine – deficient trace mineral, which is available only in certain foods. The human body cannot synthesize iodine and its deficiency leads to severe thyroid disease. It is enough to use day in 50 g of any of the seafood to ensure the body’s daily requirement of iodine. By the way, in Japan, which ranks first in the world among fans of the “sea” food, diseases of the thyroid gland are extremely rare.
4. Seafood belong to the group of low-calorie products. In 100 g of mussels contains 3 grams of fat, 100 grams shrimp 2 g and 100 g squid – total 0.3 g. the Comparison is not in favor of meat, caloric which is 300-600 calories per 100 g.
5. Seafood soothe the nervous system, increase resistance to stress. Magnesium, which is included with almost all seafood, regulates the transmission of nerve impulses, relieves irritability, helps fight insomnia and anxiety. B vitamins complement the effect of magnesium, contribute to the production of folic acid, which, in turn, stimulates the “pleasure hormone” – serotonin. A lack of vitamin b leads to emotional overload and psychological discomfort.
Seafood is the greatest aphrodisiac. There is a legend that the most famous lover of all times and peoples Casanova before every date ate 70 oysters and sipped their champagne. He did it quite justified. Seafood is rich in zinc and selenium, help the formation of testosterone, which increases sexual desire. To eat oysters in such quantity it is not necessary, but the portion is a light, tasty sea lettuce before a romantic rendezvous will be very useful.
The seafood is very perishable, so pay special attention to their purchase. They should be stored frozen in a refrigerator, strictly not allowed to re-freeze. If the ice in the package with shrimp, mussels or scallops muddy, if seafood were all stuck together in one clump – so, the product is repeatedly thawed and better from buy to give.
In most cases, seafood before cooking do not defrost. Mussels immediately put in boiling water and cook just a few minutes. Gourmets prefer to fry the seafood in oil (preferably olive oil) – this method of cooking preserves all the nutrients and allows you to open up a unique, subtle flavor of this wonderful, useful product. Do not keep the seafood in a pan or grill for a long time – they are completely ready them enough for 3-5 minutes.